04 September, 2013

Some Fan Favorites

Favorites of fans, indeed.  I was trying to get a Davey Lopes autograph card from the recent Archives Fan Favorites set but ended up with three signatures instead:

Very nice.  The on card autos are pretty sweet!  I'm definitely keeping the Lopes.  Not sure about the other two yet, but I really dig this kind of thing - old-timers and clean-looking on card sigs.  (Enlarge for awesome.)

Like many of you, my fellow collectors, I love reading stats and being reminded of great sporting feats.  Lopes, the Dodgers' current first base coach, stole 38 consecutive bases without getting caught in 1975.  That year Davey stole 77 total bases.  Hell, he stole 63 the following year in '76.

Go Dodgers!  Not gonna lie - the SF Giants being in last place kind of makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. i am a big fan of that lopes auto. hopefully there is another dodger in next year's release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on grabbing the Lopes. Love this year's Archives autograph set. Are you interested in trading the Bando? If so... I'd love to work something out.

    ReplyDelete

Inquire or comment away!