04 March, 2013

A Lifetime Supply of Cuban Sammiches...

...is what it would take for me to trade this card (or a Koufax, almost any card for a Sandy Koufax signature):

2012 Panini Signature Series Baseball, Rated Rookie manu-patch autograph of Yoenis Cespedes, #'d 177/299.  He has a cool scrawl.

Because it took so damn long to get a Cespedes rookie auto at a reasonable price.  Hell, I still think I overpaid a bit.  Nevertheless, done and done deal.  I alluded to this card in my previous post.  Ain't she a beauty, Fuji?

10 comments:

  1. I'm still looking for a cespedes and trout. I have a harper redemption pending since August with Topps, hope it gets filled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, out of those three I think Cespedes might be the easiest to get. At least you got a Harper! Freaking Topps, fill the man's redemption already!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your purchase... that card is awesome! I definitely need to add an autograph of his to my collection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, man. I hope you get one more expeditiously than it took me!

      Delete
  3. I thought this post was about Portos. I got tricked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six Cuban sammies/day...about $5/sammich
    I'm 26 years old aiming to make it to 80....54 years x 365 days...

    Math is hard, but that Cespedes is dreamy. Panini is making a serious comeback, and I love it.

    Might have to add this one with it's friend Drew Hutchison.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You made me think about it a bit more... I probably would trade this Cespedes for a lifetime supply of sandwiches. Food costs over time are more expensive and come more often, I think.

      I love Panini's comeback! Way better than what I'm seeing from Topps and UD. Leaf is pretty good too.

      Delete

Inquire or comment away!