27 February, 2012

Two boxes, four awesome hits

Football (card) season isn't over yet!  I picked up a box of 2011 Panini Plates & Patches and a box of 2011 Crown Royale football at my friend's card shop over the weekend.  If you are ever in San Mateo, CA, make sure to stop by What's On Second on 2nd Ave - and tell Jordan that Arno sent you!  One card alone made for a rather epic box break.

*2011 Crown Royale:
Steve Smith, Calling All Captains prime jersey, #'d 38/50.  There's nothing better than prime jersey cards (unless they are also autographed).  Smith may be a small dude, but he is totally amazing on the field.

 Jack Lambert, Living Legends auto-relic, #'d 12/25.  I'm a fan of old school Steelers.  Hall of Famer autographs are spiffy!

*2011 Plates & Patches:
Jeremy Maclin, Team Supreme four-color patch, #'d 18/50.  Maclin is one of my favorite football players, so I was pretty stoked when I pulled this card.  This year's Plates & Patches is still pricey - about $140-150 depending where you buy it - but like last year's release, it is a fun, medium-risk, potentially high-reward break.  Which brings me to...

My first thought when I saw this card: "What the shit is this?  It must be low-numbered."  Then I turn it over...
Oh... that makes sense.  Percy Harvin, prime jersey brand logo auto-relic, #'d 1/1.  Wow!  Look at that fat Reebok logo.  This card is the first true "1 of 1" card I've ever pulled from a pack.  That is, it is not a printing plate or a redemption (I got a redemption for a 1/1 cut autograph of Sammy Baugh a while back - some of you may remember it from the old I'm Ballsy blog.)  Sweet!

Well, that was exciting!  I am still awake because I am dreading a visit to a new dentist in the afternoon.  It's not that I'm afraid of dental work, but rather the fact that I've had some truly shitty dentists in the past.  Kind of wish I sued for malpractice.  Hope this one is good!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, don't dread the dentist. Remember, you get ice cream and vicodin after that. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete

Inquire or comment away!