17 April, 2013

Auf Wiedersehen, Los Angeles

I'm moving up to northern California tomorrow after being back home in Los Angeles for almost a year.  A few of you fellow bloggers might recall that I got a job at Pinterest in San Francisco.  It should be cool beans.  Nevertheless, I ultimately prefer living in southern California.  One of the best things about living in LA?  Being able to make the drive to Dodger Stadium and watch my team, the Dodgers:

Dodger Stadium panorama
Click to enlarge and see it high quality or original size on Flickr.  You can see my friend Adam at the right of the photo.  You can also see Greg Zakwin's (of Plaschke) knee and elbow to the far right of the picture.

I took the above photograph on Monday, April 15 during the Jackie Robinson Day game against the San Diego Padres.  I had totally forgotten it was Jackie Robinson Day, though I knew they were handing out Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, and Don Newcombe statues.  Packing and the prospect of moving has made me spaced out at times.  It was awesome to catch a ballgame in my hometown before I move back up to the land of poor weather (to be fair, poor for California but better than most places) and dumb SF Giants.  It was also great to hang out with fellow blogger and friend, Mr. Zakwin.

Go Dodgers!  I'll be back.

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck in your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo! This is a sad day for LA with our favorite foul-mouthed fellow leaving for the enemy territory to the north. Good luck and look forward to seeing you back to SoCal for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Roy-Z @Brad: Thanks!

    @pdx503: True dat.

    @Spiegel: Haha, that is a great tribute/comment. Thanks bud. Definitely look forward to hanging out again!

    ReplyDelete

Inquire or comment away!