05 March, 2012

Another 2011 Contenders box break

Baseball, that is!  My local card shop had two boxes of this product; I went back and purchased the second box.  I originally filmed this box break, but the angle was weird and I completely missed one of the autograph hits (I found it afterwards in the base card pile).  Here are the cards of note:

Left: Kevin Comer (Blue Jays), Artist's Proof Draft Ticket. #'d 23/49.  Right: Matt Barnes (Red Sox), Artist's Proof Prospect Ticket, #'d 35/49.  I think the more I look at the cards from this release, the more I like the designs.  Simple, clean, and with relatively action-packed photos.

Two more Prospect Tickets.  Left: Tyler Collins (Tigers), #'d 05/99.  Rightl Mikie Mahtook (Rays), #'d 132/299.

 Oh, I thought I was done with parallel cards.  Two Draft Tickets.  Left: Sean Gilmartin (Braves), #'d 103/299.  Right: Christian Lopes (Blue Jays), #'d 002/299.

On left: Tyler Collins, Rookie Ticket on-card autograph.  We meet again, Collins.  He's a decent Tigers prospect.  In center: John Hicks (Mariners), Future Stars auto, #'d 012/199.  On right: Alex Meyer (Nationals), Rookie Ticket auto.  Panini never numbers the Draft and Rookie Ticket signatures, so one has to look up the print runs online.  I wonder why they do that?

This card isn't particularly special for any reason.  It just has its own photo because this is the card I didn't realize I pulled.  I found it in the base card pile.  Good thing I wasn't shorted!  Jack Leathersich (Mets), Draft Ticket auto.  He is a top-15 Mets prospect.

Draft Ticket autographs.  Left: Kyle Winkler (D'Backs).  Right: Scott Snodgress (White Sox).  Snodgress is a top-15 prospect for Chicago.

There you have it.  No more Contenders posts in the future (maybe).  Nice cards though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquire or comment away!