10 February, 2013

The Dark Knight is Ballsy

I like comic book trading card sets.  I've found that you can sometimes obtain some sweet sketch cards, as well as the complete base sets and inserts, from these releases at a reasonable, cheaper price online - rather than purchasing an entire hobby box.  Indeed, it would be near impossible to collect every single sketch card from a release such as Cryptozoic's DC Comics Batman: The Legend.  But, I do have one unique "1 of 1" sketch card from that set for myself:

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

There was another sketch card I really wanted that depicted Batman as a bit older, grim, and worse for wear with a bunch of face stubble.  That card might have been portraying Batman from Frank Miller's excellent, seminal The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.  Good stuff!  Now I feel like watching all the recent Batman movies again...

2 comments:

Inquire or comment away!