22 March, 2013

Two Bees

2B's, that is!  I have a tendency to acquire cards of players I own on my fantasy sports teams.  As a collector, it just feels right to obtain cards of players I follow throughout an entire season - even if they are not usually players or people on teams I usually collect.  For example:

I certainly don't loathe the Padres like I do the Dodgers' other divisional rivals.  In fact, I like the Padres second best out of all the teams in the NL West.  I do feel bad for the city of San Diego, with their relatively poor sports teams and the constant threat from those teams' owners to move elsewhere.  I have Jedd Gyorko on several of my fantasy baseball teams.  I think Gyorko could have himself a breakout year.  Prices for his autograph cards have risen quite dramatically over the course of spring training.

I am a fan of Jason Kipnis' combination of speed and power.  Second base is a pretty thin position for fantasy baseball in 2013.  I really like Kipnis' signature.  Awesome!  This card is an upgrade over my other Jason Kipnis rookie auto, a sticker from Tristar OBAK.

I dread the eventual day I will have to move back to the SF Bay Area for work.  So many Giants fans again.  I shudder to think it.

6 comments:

  1. Don't leave LA again. It is much better here than being surrounded by those animal Giant fans.

    I would feel more sorry for the Padres if they played in a shit stadium. Petco Park is the best stadium I ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yea. It looks like I'm going to have to leave though. I keep telling my girlfriend, who lives in SD, that Petco Park is supposed to be super nice - but she doesn't believe me.

      Delete
  2. I needed a 2B, so I just grabbed Gyorko off of waiveres. I had to drop Wei-Yin Chen...who somehow was my worst player. And he's pretty damn good.

    I smell a Champsionship.

    Looks like SD is working Jedd out at 3B, too, with Headley being hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope everyone on your team stays healthy! Wei-Yin Chen - \m/

      Delete
  3. Nice pick ups. I think Gyorko's gonna have an amazing year. All the pressure is gonna be on Headley and he's gonna kill the ball, especially with the outfield walls brought in this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, his numbers went berserk last year. Hope he keeps it up! Late bloomer I guess.

      Delete

Inquire or comment away!