26 March, 2013

Dodger Southpaws

While browsing the glass display cases at my local card shop this past week, I happened upon this card, next to an entirely faded and ruined travesty of what was a once-proud Sandy Koufax autograph card:

1961 Topps #207, Dodger Southpaws.  Koufax two days in a row!

I purchased the card to rescue it from the harsh, inexorable ravaging of the Sun.  It is in pretty good shape, no?  The colors are still rich and vibrant too.  I enjoy the blurb on the back of the card.

I do not own very many vintage cards, but when I do I try to collect awesome ones.  I think this one of Koufax and Johnny Podres qualifies as pretty awesome.  The Dodger Southpaws are now the newest old card I own, being my fifth-oldest vintage card.  I will post those older cards eventually!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cards that I don't have. Where is your LCS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get one! I only bought this one because I thought it was a shame it was just sitting there. LCS is in Arcadia. It is ok.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Inquire or comment away!